Senior Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer
We are looking for a Senior Full Stack Ruby on Rails Developer who is looking to transition into a role of CTO. It is New Zealand’s largest comparison website for utilities, such as broadband, power and gas. The team now includes international superstars remotely working all around the world out of places such as New Zealand, Brazil, Russia, India, Ukraine and UK.
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring that the technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements.
- Acting as a mentor to team members and screening potential staff
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivering of our projects to market.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards
- Write effective and scalable code in Ruby
- Build back-end components for web applications
- Test applications for performance, responsiveness and security
- Review and debug junior developers’ code
- Integrate data storage and data processing solutions
- Build, install and share gems and plugins
- Create automated test scripts
- Improve and maintain applications after deployment
- Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure
- Communicate with other team members in the company
- Work experience as a Full Stack Senior Ruby Developer
- AWS experience; Postgres experience and Expertise in Rails
- In-depth understanding of object-oriented programming
- Hands-on experience writing command-line apps using Ruby libraries
- Understanding of agile software development
- Familiarity with automated testing platforms
- With problem-solving skills and team player
- Exceptional team management skills with the ability to delegate efficiently
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant field