Ensures claims are processed in an accurate and timely manner, mitigating claims costs in accordance with policy guidelines, delegated authorities industry laws and regulations.
A customer facing role, this position embraces our Soft Landings philosophy in ensuring a high level of customer service from lodgement to claim closure.
- Receive inbound and outbound calls from existing customers and third parties
- Provide, reliable and accurate information to customers and third parties in a timely manner
- Identify and report potentially fraudulent activity
- Liaise with third party suppliers and service providers
- Obtain documentation from customers to facilitate claims handling in line with organisational Policies and Procedures.
- Accept or decline claims in accordance with Underwriting guidelines, and as instructed by Manager
- Maintain an appropriate level of compliance and adhere to regulatory requirements
- Report incidents, breaches or complaints in a timely manner and in accordance with relevant Policies and Procedures
- Negotiate claims costs and engage in negotiations regarding quantum
- You will be required to carry out other duties that are within the limits of your skills, competence, training and/or experience as directed by your Manager
- An understanding of the role and importance of insurance
- Intermediate level computer skills, including Microsoft office
- Prior experience in customer service
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Previous experience handling insurance claims, or working in a financial services institution
- Skills in negotiation, persuasion and investigation with customers and service providers
- Sound interpersonal skills, building rapport with customers and service providers
- Skilled in asking probing questions and gaining detailed information to support claims handling